The Government has confirmed that Letting Agents can reopen for business and house moves can take place from 13 May 2020, As an inventory company, we believe we can help Agents, Tenants and Landlords to ensure that inventory services are carried out efficiently whilst practising safe working procedures in line with government guidelines to avoid the spread of COVID 19.
The government guidance notes that, despite restrictions on moving home being lifted, “this does not represent a return to normality”. The advice remains that people should be staying at home as much as possible, including working from home if they can, limiting contact with other people, maintaining social distancing, washing your hands regularly, and not leaving home if they or anyone in their household has symptoms.
At SC Inventories the health of our Clients & Clerks is of the utmost importance and as such we have adapted our procedures to ensure that the risk of spread of coronavirus is reduced as far as possible.
We have carried out a risk assessment and added to our already extensive safe working procedures, as well as increased our stocks of face masks, hand sanitiser, sanitising solutions and 100% recyclable key collection bags. Our single use key collection bags have been a real hit with our Clients and they make maintaining social distancing at key hand over a breeze!!!
Here are some of the other procedures and precautions that SC Inventories have put in place …
- SCI Clerks will ask whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any inspection, or visit to property or offices.
- For Inventories and Check Outs SC inventories strongly encourage Clients to allow SCI Clerks to attend the property unaccompanied whilst the property is ‘empty’ and then update the Client after the visit by phone or email.
- If it is not possible to attend the property unaccompanied and the occupiers are happy for the visit to go ahead, such as during a property inspection or check in, SCI Clerks will try to maintain a minimum of 2m distance from others wherever possible. Where social distancing is not possible and the visit is within an enclosed space, SCI Clerks will wear a face covering and ask the occupier/Tenant/Landlord to open doors to rooms and areas.
- SCI Clerks will try to touch as little surfaces as possible and wipe down surfaces such as door handles, appliance handles and any surface touched by the Clerk with sanitiser after our visits
- We will wash our hands thoroughly before and after each property and office visit (or use hand sanitiser, if soap and water isn’t available).
- Each set of keys will be collected and placed where possible by the Agent/Clients in one of our single use recyclable key collection bags
- Keys will be cleaned prior to returning to Agents/Clients and returned one of our recyclable key collection bags
- We will continue to follow Government advice regularly and update our procedures accordingly.